Thursday, August 02, 2012

But I used to close my eyes too and dream of being far away, like Jordan Catalano.


It was 1994 when my life changed, when 13 years old. That year lots of things happened to me.
I started reading Nietzche.

Kurt Cobain was found dead and I cried when I saw on the news. I run to the bathroom and locked the door and cry, cry, cry...

I was in love with The Smashing Pumpkins, 'cause in every little song, I felt they were talking about myself, from Spaceboy to Disarm.

I watched The Crow film and fell in love with that story...

And then, in 1995, I watched on Tv this show, 'My so-called life', about teenagers and their problems and everything that was happening to me and all the teens who watched the show too on that time. 'Cause, for being real, we've all got a little of Angela Chase inside us. And sometimes we all wanted to be a little bit wild like Rayanne and fell in love with Jordan Catalano.


But in the end, we all did the same question to ourselves: who am I? I was a little goth teen who used to listen to so much music, read tons of books and closed her eyes, dreaming of being really far away.


It was the 90s and I was running to find myself, looking in every mirror, and in every corner inside me. I fell in love with lots of guys, but I was really shy, and a goth teen... and I used to scared people when I talked to them, as I seem 'so smart for me' (they used to say). That's why I had few friends from my age at that time, 'cause they really didn't understand me at all; even my closest friends didn't do that.

I was running, looking for my future, looking for my life. I'm still looking for it. I still run. And I feel free about that, and about life; and I feel I can do whatever I want if I believe in me.



So Angela did. So YOU all can do.
Feel free.
Run.

5 comments :

  1. Que inspirador, sabes yo nunca vi esa serie, si se de ella y eh querido hacerlo, pues admiro y amo a Jared leto. Por cierto yo a veces pienso que no sienmpre me van entender, asi pasa y de ahí he ido creciendo y cambiando, aún espero hacerlo ;)

    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. muy alentador, me gusta como escribes.
    La verdad que no tengo ni idea de esa serie y no es que sea pequeña, pero si recuerdo haber visto a esa actriz, que hace bastante no sé nada de ella.

    owww the crow, para cuando yo vi esa peli era muy chica, pero me encantaba

    que tengas un buen dia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta tu blog y tus entradas, ¡¡¡¡ Me hago tu fan de cabeza!!!!

    Estaré pendiente a todas las novedades <3

    PD: Yo entonces... estaba en la tripa de mi madre probablemente hahahhaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ay dios, esta serie!! A mí también me marcó en mi adolescencia, pero es que claro, yo también fui fan de Nirvana antes de que Kurt muriese, y también lloré a lágrima viva cuando me enteré de su suicidio... y aún recuerdo a los chavales de mi cole riéndose de mí, me decían: "eh, el yonki que te gusta se pegó un tiro"... y años después las pijas llevaban sus camisetas, ¡qué asco!

    En fin... que yo también me emocioné con esta serie y me trae buenísimos recuerdos. Tantos que el año pasado la volví a ver de un tirón, ¡bendito internet y series yonkis! jaja

    (Y amo a Jordan Catalano, ¡qué guapo Jared Leto de joven!)

    1 beso!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo era pequeña en el 94, pero esa serie la recuerdo, y gracias a tu post la estoy volviendo a ver XDD que apenas me acordaba xD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!