Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's hard to get around the wind.


Yesterday night I saw Submarine, a film by Richard Ayoade from 2011; and I totally fell in love with it.



I've been listening to the soundtrack (by Alex Turner) for a while, but it wasn't until yesterday that I had the time and mood of watching it.

I like what I like to call 'little films'. I mean, I normally don't like big productions with great special effects and that kind of stuff in the cinema. I love the little stories well told, everyday things that count in life; the thing that when you're old you'll remember as a big adventure. 



Submarine talks about that first love which will mark you for the rest of your life. Oliver Tate (Craig Roberts, splendid), a not very popular teenager, fells in love with Jordana Bevan (Yasmin Paige), a weird and thug girl from his class. What at the beginning looks like an impossible love story sooner become to a young first love that Oliver doesn't how to deal with. 



Jordana is having some issues at home, and Oliver is not having a good time there too. He tries to help his parents with their relationship, forgetting about Jordana in a very hard moment. 



Don't expect a big movie. Don't expect the greatest love story above all times. Don't expect a mature main character or a complicated plot. Submarine has nothing to do with this. But it leaves you with a little smile in your face, provoking you might remember that first love or making you wonder why there were not more guys like Oliver Tate in your institute.


It's curious. I always wanted to have a red coat, and maybe be a little more like Jordana. But in the end I always get the blue coat and look like Oliver. 

3 comments :

  1. Es peliculón, la verdad. Yo pensé que iba a ponerse de modísima y pasó sin pena ni gloria. Tengo ganas de leerme el libro, lo tradujeron en primavera a castellano.
    Es TODO tan inglés. Además, amo las trencas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay, me encantan las fotos que has puesto!!! Qué bonito! Tendré que verla *___*

    Yo tuve una trenca roja como la de ella :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mi me encanto, luego estuve dias con la bso. Solo me falta el libro que le tengo unas ganas..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!