Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Back to Warsaw: the failed beer challenge and Keira is You


Our Saturday in Warsaw was full of funny moments. The most important thing is that we wanted to do a beer challenge around the city, but the first beer we tried in the first pub was so expensive and horrible that we quit and went to a concert instead.

Nuestro sábado en Varsovia estuvo cargado de momentos divertidos. Lo más importante fue que queríamos hacer un reto de beber cerveza por toda la ciudad, pero la primera que probamos era tan cara y estaba tan mala que abandonamos rápido el reto y nos fuimos a un concierto.











But after start drinking, we had dinner in an amazing restaurant, so cheap and in which they serve the most reliable and biggest steak I've ever try. After eating, we walked a little bit to our first pub (where we had the great fail) and after that, we went back again to Polonez, our beloved place around town.

Antes de empezar a beber cenamos en un restaurante muy barato donde servían los mejores y más grandes filetazos que he visto en mi vida (de hecho, el nombre en clave del sitio es "El Filetazo"). Tras cenar, caminamos hasta nuestro primer pub (donde sucedió el gran fail) y luego decidimos volver a Polonez, nuestro bar favorito de toda Varsovia.

 Happy faces, but this was FAIL.
And this was WIN!!

And after Polonez, we went to Hydrozagadka at Praga, just to attend to the end of 24 Henschke Festival, in which Keira Is You were playing. 

I must say I really loved this band since the first song I heard, their sound is amazing, and on live concert, they rule! After their show I was talking with Szymo, their bassist, very friendly, and I got their last CD. Later on, I spoke with their singer too, Jakub, and he told me they've been in Spain some time ago... I hope I can catch them next time! 
I also want to send them from here some good karma, as they had a car accident recently in Belgium. Now they're back in Poland recovering... good luck, guys! I hope I can see you soon back in here!

Después de Polonez nos fuimos a Hydrozagadka, donde se estaba realizando el 24 Henschke Festival, en el cual tocaban Keira Is You.

He de decir que me encantó esta banda desde la primera canción que escuché de ellos; su sonido es muy bueno y en directo molan muchísimo. Tras su show estuve hablando con Szymo, su bajista, súper simpático; y me hice con su último CD. Un poco más tarde estuve hablando también con Jakub, su cantante, el cual me comentó que habían estado en España... ¡espero poder verlos la próxima vez que vengan!
Ya de paso, quiero mandarle desde aquí todo mi cariño y buen karma, ya que recientemente han tenido un accidente en Bélgica. Ahora están de regreso en Polonia, ¡recuperáos pronto, chicos, espero veros pronto otra vez!







1 comment :

  1. Que big fail lo de las birrias!!! XD pero al final lo pasaron bien y tu siempre platicona
    que bueno que conociste a la banda

    saludos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!